Archive for the ‘Cardiology’ Category
The government is providing stimulus funding to help cardiologists and other physicians transitioning to the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR). The impetus to transition to the new system is occurring faster than some cardiologists are prepared to accept. Cardiologists need help to remain abreast of the changes in the medical billing process. Integrated medical billing is a way to assist with the transition.
How Does Integrated Medical Billing Help?
Current manual practices require knowledge of complex billing codes, time to resubmit bills and time to handle denials. This process is difficult without an EMR system in place to assist with the process. This system significantly reduces the amount of time required to manually enter this information. The stimulus money was provided to help physicians transition sooner than later.
What Should the Cardiology EMR Include?
The cardiology EMR should include the following to improve a cardiologist’s workflow and business practices:
Pre-coded Cardiology International Classification of Disease/Current Procedural Terminology (ICD/CPT) codes allow physicians to scroll through and select them with minimal typing. This significantly increases the speed of submitting medical codes.
Drug Database for Cardiology
A cardiology drug database allows physicians to check for drug interactions and patient history.
Physicians must order lab work to properly assess the health of their patients. After the lab work is ordered, a staff member is required to enter the patient’s information into the computer system. The process is tedious and can be affected by a single mistake. EMR or EHR solutions can help clients complete the process in the least amount of time.
EKG/ECG Software Integration
Physicians need the ability to view their EKG and ECG strips. Paper output systems often prove to be a logistical nightmare. They are difficult to transport and manipulate. The manual process is error-prone and tedious. Integrated billing solutions work in conjunction with an electronic solution for this process for more efficient workflow.
Cardiology SOAP Note Templates
This method of Subjective, Objective, Assessment and Plan (SOAP) records notes in a patient’s chart in an electronic format. Billing solutions are an instrumental part of the practice workflow.
Hypertension templates, cardiac templates and pacemaker templates provide an electronic format to gather information about the patient’s condition. This information can be integrated with clinical software for a seamless billing process.
High Blood can remain undetected because of the few noticeable symptoms that it has and can continue to harm the body from the inside. Proper medical treatment is highly necessary. The good thing is that there are lots of alternative treatments that are available.
Nowadays many people prefer opting for alternative treatments because unlike regular medicines, these treatments are free from any kind of side effects. We will now look into few of the viable substitutes of medical treatment.
• Minerals like magnesium, potassium and folic acid are really helpful in lowering your pressure. These minerals are easily available from leafy green vegetables and whole grain cereals.
• Vitamin therapy is also an option in which vitamins like B, C, D and E are consumed which are helpful in maintaining as well as lowering blood pressure. These vitamins can be obtained from natural sources like fruits or can also be obtained from supplements that are available in the market.
• Avoid consumption of processed food or fast food that is available in the markets. Though these foods are time saviors, they are high in fats and salts and thus aid in increasing pressure. The nutritional value of these food items is also negligible.
• Mental relaxation is also an important aspect of pressure. Stress and anxiety can result in a rise in blood pressure. People who are prone to pressure related problems should try and avoid any kind of stress and for this they can opt for a vacation to a quiet and serene place.
• Yoga and other forms of physical therapies are also a good option to treat blood related problems. These therapies have been used since centuries and have been proven effective in lowering pressure and also curing them.
• An unconventional method of treating high blood is using flowers. There are many flowers that have beneficial effects on hypertension. Flowers like hawthorn, passion flower and beech have certain chemical compositions that help in lowering blood.
• Homeopathy or herbal medications are also helpful in treating pressure related problems. Nux-vomica, belladonna and glonoine are a few examples of homeopathic medicines that help in lowering pressure.
Along with all the above points, it is necessary to keep a constant check on pressure which can be done by using automatic blood pressure monitors and chronoscopes. These alternate remedies combined with regular checkups can allow you to easily maintain your blood levels.